Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Picnic at the Park

On Monday, Todd had to go into work early, and the boys had been begging me to take them to the park.  It was pushing 100 degrees, so I was hesitant to go, but I decided that it might be a good night to take a picnic to the park (Todd probably wouldn't be too gung-ho about that idea, and I hate to make dinner plans that don't include him when he's actually around).  So after he left for work we packed up PB&J sandwiches, some pickles and strawberries, LOTS of beverages, and a surprise Rice Krispie treat for dessert.

I let the boys play for a while, and it was nice.  A little hot but the picnic area is shaded so it was a nice place to take a break when we needed to.  And we pretty much had the park to ourselves on and off for the time that we were there, so the boys had the run of the place.  They LOVED the picnic, and they actually ate well, which surprised me.  I'm looking forward to doing it again on a not-so-steamy night.


This is what I got when I asked for a smile!

I love this one of Brayden!


This is dark, but I kind of like it.







 Check out my little gymnast!


Jumping OVER the balance beam!






Logan and Mommy on the slide

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! You're in one! I was just gonna' tell you that I love all your posts, but you need to get in on some pictures!! :) So I'm glad to see that last one.

What playground is this? Looks awesome.

Love the Detroit hat. ;)

So happy I "pressured" you to blog more. Love it!