Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sand-tastic!

On Saturday, Todd was golfing all day.  I had been alone with the kids all week, and we were itching for something fun to do out of the house.  We started our day off with a trip to the Farmer's Market downtown.  This was the first time I had taken both kids by myself, so I was a little nervous because I know it can get crowded.  I debated back and forth between taking the wagon or the double stroller, and in the end I did what I always do when I can't make a decision - I let Logan decide!  He chose the wagon, so off we went.  It actually worked out pretty well...except for the fact that I had nowhere to put our purchases except in the wagon at the kids' feet.  This was fine until they decided to start rummaging through the bags and munching on whatever they could find.  At one point I looked back and Logan had a cherry in his mouth with juice dripping all down his chin and shirt, and Brayden was sucking on a whole plum.  They were a sight, but I couldn't help but smile. 

I happened to turn on the news that morning and saw a story on a little event at Levis Commons called Sand-tastic.  I thought it sounded fun, but it didn't start until noon.  The kids nap around 12:30-1:00 so after naps that afternoon we decided to check it out.  They had giant sand sculptures made by obvious professionals as well as an amateur sand castle building contest as well.  For the kiddos was a giant sandbox with tons of toys.  This was our first stop, and to say the kids LOVED it would be an understatement.

















I had plopped the kids down in a spot that didn't really have any toys, but Logan quickly took care of that.  I think he spent more time collecting toys than actually playing!  Check out the collection we had at the end.


Besides the sandbox and sculptures, they also had four big airwalks.  I tried to get Logan to try a few of them, but he was really hesitant.  He would take his shoes off and venture up to them but then didn't want to go inside.  I was surprised because he's done them before and really enjoyed it, but I think he was just a little scared because there wasn't anyone to go in with him.  So we skipped those and went on to the bubble tent.  Here they had a machine that was blowing bubbles as well as a trashcan that was overflowing with suds.  Logan did this one on his own because there just wasn't a way to put Brayden in the bubbles without him getting completely soaked.















The only part of the event that wasn't free were the sand art crafts.  We skipped those, not because they weren't free, but because I didn't think my boys were old enough to enjoy it.  All in all, the kids had a great time and I'm really glad we went.  We'll be on the lookout for this again next year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! That sounds so fun! P.S. I love Logan's outfit. :)