Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Fun

We have only been home from Hilton Head for a little over a week now, and we have kept ourselves so busy!  The first few days we were home were spent relaxing and catching up on some laundry.  We left our house clean just in case we had any showings, so it was a huge help to come home to a super clean house!  Since then, Logan and I have spent a lot of time together playing with his toys, reading books, talking about numbers and colors, visiting the zoo, cooking and baking, and especially playing in the backyard.  This kid LOVES to be outside!  I think we've already been in the pool as many times as we did last year, and Logan just can't get enough.  He spends some of his time floating around in his ladybug float (girlie, I know, but it was the only one I could find last year), some of his time "swimming" around with me, and most of his time jumping off the side of the pool.  He has no fear!  We are currently searching for a less-bulky life jacket for him to wear in the pool at home.  The one we have for the lake is so padded that he can barely move.  Unfortunately, I don't have any swimming pictures yet because it's been just Logan and I outside enjoying the water while Todd is still asleep.  But I promise some soon!  This weekend Nana bought Logan a sprinkler flower that hooks up to the hose.  We decided to try it out today, and it was a hit!  I think we ran around playing in the water for over an hour this afternoon!

This was last week - Logan was playing in the box that his new bedding arrived in.




Finally one with eyes open!


Todd cut a hole in one of the sides to make a door, and for some reason Logan thought he should take his golf club inside.





Exploring the trees in our backyard


The sprinkler!










My favorite








Showing me how he "drinks" the water





Taking a break from the sprinkler to play some "bafe-ball"





And some horseshoes





And finally a little soccer








Oh, hold on.  I think my cell phone is ringing.


Hello?  Mommy?  Is it time to come inside already?


Tomorrow we are planning to try out Toddler Time at the Rossford Library for the first time.  It's for young 2's and 3's, but I think we'll give it a whirl anyway.  If he does well, we may make it a weekly thing!

No comments: